Why should I start a blog? One of my friends asked me the other day if they should start a blog, I said absolutely, whats the benefit of having a blog he asked. Let me tell you.
A blog is very important to me, its a way that I can express my self to the world, its a way to be heard, its a way for me to bond with the people around me. A blog is also a timeline of my work, I can see my progress every single time I post, and I can always go back and see how far I have come and how I evolve as an artist.
Every photographer needs a blog. Here is a few reasons.
2. It serves as your website if you don’t have one or cant afford one. You can make a blog an amazing portfolio where you can show off your work. (its not about your website its about the content)
3. Google loves blogs, you will get more traffic with a blog than with any other website out there. This means more eyes see your work.
4. You have complete control of it, you can add and change things constantly with just a few clicks. (even from your smart phone or tablet)
5. Most blogs now are formated for mobil devises so anyone can find you on the go, this is very important being that lots of people use tablets to browse the web now a days.
6. A blog gets you stablished as an expert and gives you and your work more credibility. Future customers will constantly look at your work and ideas and in turn that will lead to more work.
7. People can subscribe to your blog and will. They will get an email with an update every time you update your blog. This is awesome because it gives you a simple way to build a loyal fan base.
8. Meet more like minded people, photographers love looking at other photographers blogs. I have met lots of my friends through here, its crazy, almost anywhere I go I have people to go shoot with, its awesome.
9. Stay connected with friends and family, this is a way of letting your loved ones know what your up to and what you are currently working on.
This are just a few reasons to blog away. So what are you waiting for? Get blogging…
Have an awesome day peeps and spred the love…
Don’t forget to Subscribe to get the latest updates on gear and of corse my blog posts. Thank you again for dropping by.