Composition – is the placement or arrangement of visual elements or ingredients in a work of art. How do I master composition?
In this short video, I give you 8 tips to master composition. That is what people tell me they struggle with the most, and understandably so. Composition can be extremely difficult to understand and or achieve. It is a way to tell a story, to express your feeling and what you are seeing.
There truly is not a way to tell you how to compose your photos. That will come with time and experience. However, with this tips to master composition, you will be able to start understanding it a bit better and taking better photos.
Think about these tips while you are out there taking photos. They make a big difference in the way you look at things and the way you see through your camera. I can assure you that by following this tips your photography game will benefit greatly.
1. Use leading lines to invite the viewer into the image.
2. Add a splash of color to your image.
3. Change your perspective. (drones are great for this)
4. Find interesting people to photograph.
5. Use foreground elements to tell a compelling story.
6. Use a zoom lens to compress your image. (bring the background closer to the viewer)
7. Go shoot during bad weather. Crazy weather makes dramatic photos.
8. Break all the rules. In the photography game there are NO rules.
Have fun out there and remember to enjoy the scenery. Watch the video below to see examples of these 8 tips to master composition.
Mavic Air is my favorite drone. Easy to pack for traveling and great for photos and video. The gear I use for all my photos: Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24mm a Nikon 24-85mm a Nikon 70-200. A MeFOTO tripod is a must. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets download them and give them a try.
Tips to Master Composition
Check out my 10 landscape photography tips. If you have any others to add please leave them in the comments below.