Here are some sunrise shots of the famous Everglades Z tree. This place is awesome, if you are into crazy adventures I suggest you go shoot this tree. The best light will be about 45 minutes before sunrise.
I lit the tree with a flashlight on this one while I was taking a long exposure.
Here are some tips on how to make a beautiful Black and White photograph. I live by this when shooting Black and White.
1. When shooting B&W photography it’s important that you learn to see in black and white. Remember you don’t have color to draw the eye when shooting B&W photography, so you have to find shapes and tones to compose your photo. Study the colors and study the your environment picture all the gray tones and picture everything in B&W. I will keep it short and sweet. If you have any others please share on the comments below.
2. Always shoot in color, it is important that you always shoot in color. Most cameras out there have a B&W setting DO NOT USE IT. If you shoot everything in color you will have more control of the gray scale in post production once you convert it.
The Man In White
3. Always use the lowest ISO setting possible. This will get rid of the noise in the photograph and you will end up with a great clear photograph. If you are looking for noise do it in post production. I like to add noise to (some) B&W but I always do it in post production that way I still have a very high resolution high quality photo.
4. Always shoot RAW, most DSLRS shoot in RAW (and any camera now a days), again this gives you more control of the image in post production thus making a better B&W photograph. If you don’t have this setting on your camera, don’t worry, you can still make an amazing B&W photograph shooting JPEG.
5. Contrast is very important when shooting B&W photography, it sets the mood it, it defines your lines, it brings out shapes and shadows you would never be able to see in color photography. Play around with it and make it work for you.
Did I miss any? Please leave them in the comments below.
Always remember that practice makes perfect, and always have fun out there.
Good morning turkeys and happy thanksgiving, I hope everyone has a wonderful day hanging out with the family or just hanging out period. Here is a coupon code for anyone that wants to get one of my prints or a fine art piece on Aluminum or Canvas, everything on edinchavez.com is on sale, take anadditional 20% off with coupon code edinrocks on check out. This coupon is only good until December 25. Please share this with your friends and have a fabulous and safe rest of the day.
Please leave me a quick comment, share with your friends and Subscribe by Email. Thank you for dropping by.