Mexican Skies. This was across the street from where I used to live in Mexico. It truly was incredible being able to spend time in this beautiful place I call home.
This particular morning there was a storm in the middle of the ocean, you can see the heavy thick clouds to the right, that’s a massive storm. As the storm got closer to me, the sun kept fading away. When I shot this photo, the sun was peaking out of the heavy rain like an alligator peeking out of the water ready to catch its prey. This is a Mexican Sky.
I edited this photo with my Lightroom Presets, download them, and give them a try.
Check out my post on where to shoot the best sunset in Playa del Carmen.
P.S. I just launched my new site, which focuses on sky overlays and original merch. Drop-in and check it out. If you like something pick it up for a discounted rate. All my readers get 15% off. Use discount code “edin” at check out!
Tours I recommend in Playa del Carmen:
There is something magical about the Everglades, and as I often do, I headed out to the Everglades last weekend. This is the time of year to go, the weather is cool (not as hot I should say) and the mosquitos are not too bad.
Once I got there I realized that there was no clouds, so I headed to my favorite spot and waited until the sun had set, once it started to get dark the clouds started coming. It was perfect, I put my camera on bulb mode and started shooting.
By the way I have a Capturing the Everglades Workshop coming up, you should come join me.
Here are a few favorites from the other day.
Black and White Photography tips:
Here are some tips on how to make a beautiful Black and White photograph. I live by this when shooting Black and White.
1. When shooting B&W photography it’s important that you learn to see in black and white. Remember you don’t have color to draw the eye when shooting B&W photography, so you have to find shapes and tones to compose your photo. Study the colors and study the your environment picture all the gray tones and picture everything in B&W. I will keep it short and sweet. If you have any others please share on the comments below.
2. Always shoot in color, it is important that you always shoot in color. Most cameras out there have a B&W setting DO NOT USE IT. If you shoot everything in color you will have more control of the gray scale in post production once you convert it.
The Man In White
3. Always use the lowest ISO setting possible. This will get rid of the noise in the photograph and you will end up with a great clear photograph. If you are looking for noise do it in post production. I like to add noise to (some) B&W but I always do it in post production that way I still have a very high resolution high quality photo.
4. Always shoot RAW, most DSLRS shoot in RAW (and any camera now a days), again this gives you more control of the image in post production thus making a better B&W photograph. If you don’t have this setting on your camera, don’t worry, you can still make an amazing B&W photograph shooting JPEG.
5. Contrast is very important when shooting B&W photography, it sets the mood it, it defines your lines, it brings out shapes and shadows you would never be able to see in color photography. Play around with it and make it work for you.
Did I miss any? Please leave them in the comments below.
Always remember that practice makes perfect, and always have fun out there.
Naples after Sunset.
Good morning and happy Monday peeps. What a great weekend I’ve had, my friend Cliff Base is visiting from Texas and we have been click crazy. We have explored and traveled from the East Florida Coast to the West Florida Coast. From the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico and everything in between. Pure awesomeness to say the least.
Here is a photo from Naples Florida about 5 minutes after sunset. I really like how it came together. We were debating on shooting the pier or this location and we decided on this. I am glad we did.
Settings: 30 Seconds, F/16, ISO50, 15mm (14-25mm lens)
Don’t forget to Subscribe to get the latest updates on gear and of corse my blog posts and please come check out my tShirts page. If you want to buy or license any image please email me. Thank you again for dropping by. Brought to you by B&H Photo.
This is my first Costa Rica Sunset experience. I must say Costa Rica is just amazing, you have amazing mountains and beautiful beaches, the best of both worlds, not to mention some really cool people. It seems like everytime I go somewhere I fall in love with it, I can’t wait to see what my next trip has in store. All in all Costa Rica is on my top 5 places to visit, its so beautiful and so much fun… Spread the love peeps… Click on the pic to see full res…
Don’t forget to Subscribe to get the latest updates on gear and of corse my blog posts. Thank you again for dropping by. Brought to you by B&H Photo.