Kerala Best Photography Spots Human by Nature
Kerala Best Photography Spots. To go to Kerala, India is to enter god’s own country. Kerala is a magical place, full of beautiful people and beautiful destinations. From the streets of the villages to the tea fields in the mountains to its pristine beaches. Kerala truly is a perfect place to create beautiful, timeless images.
Human by Nature highlights the soul of Kerala and its people. It is how we connect with our surroundings that makes us human. I personally connect with my camera. These are Kerala’s best photography spots.
Are you are looking for amazing skies for your images? Check out my vast library of EPIC sky overlays you can use to create award-winning photos.
Kerala Best Photography Spots Human by Nature
Below is a list of Kerala’s Best Photography Spots. These are so many places to visit in Kerala, however, do not get caught up with all these places.
The best part of Kerala is its people. They are so happy, beautiful, kind, and easy to photograph. Often you can simply walk up to them, smile, point at your camera and they will usually nod their head giving you permission to take their photo. The villages of Kerala is where you will be able to get the most stunning of images. You will get to see and experience Kerala and its people how they really are.
Kerala truly is a paradise for any photographer especially street photographers.
The gear I used for all my photos: Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24mm (most of these are shot with my wide angle) and a Nikon 24-85mm. A MeFOTO tripod and a wide-angle is a must. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets download them and give them a try.
These are Kerala’s Best Photography Spots
1. The Villages. When you are in Kerala the first thing you will notice is the beautiful smiles all around you. From kids to adults everyone is smiling in Kerala and it is very contagious. Walk the streets to get some epic street photos. Lens I recommend is the Nikon 24-85mm Lens.
2. The beach. Kerala is full of beautiful beaches facing the Arabian Sea. No matter what beach you pick or you go to you can not get a bad photo. Pro tip: Wake up early to get the best light and empty beaches.
3. Kovalam Cliffs. Kovalam is an incredible place with amazing beaches surrounded by cliffs. You can catch the most epic sunsets from here. Best lens to use is an ultra-wide.
4. Kerala Backwaters. The Kerala backwaters are a network of brackish lagoons and lakes lying parallel to the Arabian Sea. They offer overnight private boats that you have to experience. It’s here where you can take the most beautiful images. Best time to shoot (any).
5. Munnar Tea Plantations. You will absolutely fall in love with the tea plantations of Munnar. I can spend hours here photographing these incredible views. Best time to shoot is during the day.
6. Wayanad. When in Kerala the views from the mountains of Wayanad are incredible. Best time to shoot is at sunset.
7. Poovar. Take a boat ride and photograph Poovar during the day. It has spectacular views you won’t see anywhere else in the world. This is a must.
8. Fort Kochi. Kochi is a beautiful place, especially when you get on a boat and go to the fort to photograph the sun setting over the fishnets. Lens recommended is a zoom, preferably a 70-200mm. I shot this with my wide-angle. Unfortunately, that is the only lens I with me.
9. The fisherman. You can find fisherman next to any body of water in Kerala. Wake up early and hear them sing while putting ropes and nets in the water. It’s something to see. They will swim out to the middle of the ocean to set the lines. It’s beautiful.
10. The Arabic Sea. When you are close to the ocean simply point and shoot. It is incredible. Pro tip: use the fisherman boats as a foreground for your composition.
11. The Street Markets. In any village, you will find street markets. These are full of color and incredible to photograph.
Kerala has a way of getting into your heart. When you arrive there your heart immediately fills with happiness and joy and you can’t help to smile. When you immerse yourself with the culture, the food, and the place, you soon become one with your environment. It is truly amazing that a place so far from the home can feel so close to my heart.
The food is incredible, the culture is beautiful and the people that call this place home are real, human by nature. Kerala stole my heart.
Please leave me a comment if the Kerala Best Photography Spots guide was helpful in any way or if you have any questions. And please share this with your friends. That is the best way to say thank you. Sponsored Post – Kerala Tourism