Real estate photography is a great way to make money on any market. However, a lot of photographers start out without knowing much about how to take great real estate photos. It is not the hardest thing in the world, however, it does require technical ability and an eye for the craft.
In this video, I share my most used techniques when it comes to Real Estate Photography. Real Estate Photography can be lots of fun and a great way to make a living money.
The Gear You Need
Here is the gear I recommend to get the best possible Real Estate Photos. You need a Full Frame Camera, a Wide Angle Lens, a Speed Light, a good Tripod. Keep in mind that most realtors will ask you for a full frame camera and a wide angle lens. I shot with the Nikon D800 and the Nikon 14-24mm to edit your images I recommend the best Real Estate Lightroom Presets out there.
Here are my favorite ways to take Real Estate Photos to a new level.
1. Use a tripod. It’s important to bring a tripod to your next shoot. A lot of homes can be very dark and by having a tripod it will guarantee a clean sharp image every time.
2. Use a flash. Having an on/off camera flash is a nice way to light up a room. This can help set the mood of a room by splashing a little light in a dark corner or a shadow.
3. Move around. Do not stand in one place. Move around and find the best possible angle to get the best possible shot.
4. Use a wide-angle lens. Rooms are often small, a wide angle lens can create the feel of a big space.
5. Take your time. Do not rush the shots. Make sure you think about the composition and get the best possible shot.
6. Edit your photos. Once you have a nice collection of images, take them to a computer and edit them. I recommend Adobe Lightroom.
7. Use Lightroom Presets. This speeds up your workflow and gets a consistent look on your images every time. I recommend my Real Estate Lightroom Presets.
8. Batch edit your images. This will speed up your process and guarantee a speedy delivery to the client.
Check out the video for photo examples.
THE GEAR I USE
The gear I use for all my photos: Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24mm a Nikon 24-85mm a Nikon 70-200 and a Tamron 150-600mm. A MeFOTO tripod is a must. I edit all my images with my Real Estate Lightroom Presets download them now.
Tips and Tricks to improve your Real Estate Photography
Remember to have fun out there, and always please the client. If you have any other tips you would like to add, leave them in the comments below.