Boca Chica Key Florida Sunsets. Boca Chica Key Florida is only accessible by boat. If you are a really good swimmer, you can also give it a shot! JK, it’s not that close, however, it is a must if you are in Miami and know someone with a boat. This is a tiny island with this beautiful lighthouse. The sunsets right behind it giving you a chance to take a great shot.
I wanted to get something different so I used this anchor point as my main focal point with the lighthouse behind it. I think it came out really cool and different than how most people shoot it. If you ever get the chance to go, you should however bring plenty of mosquito repellent. You will get eaten alive once the sun starts to set. But hey just look at this photo, it’s all well worth it.
P.S. I just launched my new site, which focuses on sky overlays and original merch. Drop-in and check it out. If you like something pick it up for a discounted rate. All my readers get 15% off. Use discount code “edin” at check out!
Miami Storm. What happens when there is a storm coming into Miami? Well, I grab my camera and head out to shoot! Not only do storms make the absolute best sunsets, but they make the most insane cloud formations.
I love Florida for that reason, the stormy skies. One second the sky is clear and the sun is out and the next, everything is dark and moody. I love drama in the skies, it makes much better photos. I know clear skies are a bummer, so if you are looking for amazing skies, check out my sky collections.
I edited this photo with my Lightroom Presets, download them, and give them a try. This is a 6 photo panorama, I stitched it together in Lightroom. I think the colors look just insane.
South Pointe Park Miami. Here is a shot from South Pointe Park Miami. I shot whit my drone. I love these kinds of drone shots. When you shoot straight down and the lighting is just right, it makes everything look incredible. Of course, this kind of shot does not work for every kind of image, however, I think for this particular one, it works well. I edited this shot with my aerial presets.
I just launched my new site, which focuses on sky overlays and original merch. Drop-in and check it out. If you like something pick it up for a discounted rate. All my readers get 15% off. Use discount code edin at check out!
There are 2 times a year when you can expect an incredible fireworks show in Miami. One is on the Fourth of July and the other one is the last day of the year. I have created this post so you know exactly where to go when looking for the best Miami fireworks photography spots.
Keep in mind this is for photography, if you want to go watch them, there are a lot of places you can go, but to photograph them this is the best possible spot from a photographers perspective.
Best Miami Fireworks Photography Spots
This is the best possible spot to photograph the fireworks. From here you get an entire view of the Miami Skyline and it looks absolutely incredible. I shot the photo you see below the last new years. It is was amazing because they usually have fireworks on the side. This time however they had them right in front of the buildings, making it extra special.
The gear I used for all my photos: Nikon D850 with Nikon 24-85mm. A MeFOTO tripod. I highly recommend using a 24-70mm or anything in that range. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets download them and give them a try.
Get there early as it will get packed. Make sure you get there by 8 PM at the latest. This will allow enough time to find a spot you like and set up. Tons of people will show up so if you get there earlier even better.
There is paid parking at the Miami Children’s Museum. Park there and walk over to the bridge and walk up the bridge. Bring something to drink and a snack as you will be there for a few hours.
Where are the best places to photograph in Jupiter Florida? When it comes to Jupiter Florida there is one place I frequent. It is a large place that you have a lot of freedom to get very interesting photos. That is the Nature Conservatory Blowing Rocks.
Blowing Rocks is a great place to visit any time of the year. The best time to come is at sunrise since its facing east. Try to come during the weekday because during the weekends this place gets really busy.
Parking can be a bit of a pain. The parking lot is closed during sunrise hours, however, there is street parking about a mile down south. I usually park there then walk down to the beach and take the nice walk up the cost. You will know when you get there as you start to see the rock formations.
There are 2 things about visiting blowing rocks you need to know. Number one visits during low tide. This will allow you to get into the rocks and get some interesting perspectives. Number two is to come during high tide. This is when you will actually get the effect of “Blowing Rocks”. I prefer low tide.
I have explored many places in Jupiter, however, if you are there only for the photography, Blowing Rocks is your best bet.
When you think of Miami, you think of sunshine, life, beautiful people, and a beautiful skyline. As a very active photographer in the city, when I am not on a paid shoot, I am always looking for the best photography spots Miami has to offer. As such, I am continually finding new places in this beautiful place we call Magic city.
Best Photography Spots Miami Has For You to Explore
Below is a list of the best photography spots Miami has to offer. These are places I often visit and have my seal of approval. I also wrote when the best times to photograph at these locations are. The best photography spots Miami has are all effortless to access. Pack light and get to work. If you hustle, you can get all these done by the time your vacation is done. The image below was shot from a friend’s balcony; that is why it did not make the list of the best photography spots Miami edition. But it’s a pretty picture. One of my favorites. I shot it with my Nikon and my Nikon 70-200.
The gear I used for all my photos: Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24mm and a Nikon 24-85mm. A MeFOTO tripod and a wide-angle is a must. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets, download them, and give them a try.
Top 30 Photography Spots in Miami Florida
1. Matheson Hammocks Park. This park is lovely. It took a beating from Hurricane Irma; however, you can still get beautiful images there. This is a popular location for engagement photoshoots as well.
2. Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. This is an iconic place where a lot of famous films and TV shows are filmed. This place is a must at sunset and or at night.
3. Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. This place is fantastic. It is full of history and epic for photoshoots. The best time to shoot is really all day as there is beautiful light all day in the gardens.
4. Miami Skyline under MacArthur Causeway. This is one of my favorite places to shoot and hang out at. This place is located right next to the Miami Children’s Museum. It is straightforward to find and a great place to catch a sunset over the skyline.
5. Miami Beach Surfers. You can find surfers in Miami Beach in the wintertime. As we get a cold front from the Bahamas, the waves get bigger, and the surfers come out. This is a very relaxed time to catch a sunrise and hang out with the chill crowd of Miami.
6. Key Biscayne Beach. This place is really excellent, and one of the only dog-friendly beaches in South Florida. The best time to shoot is at sunset. Bring a beer or a nice bottle of wine and enjoy the scenery.
7. Miami Skyline on top of the MacArthur Causeway. This is the view from the top of the MacArthur Causeway. You can access it from the Southern side of it. There is a nice long ramp that takes you to this spot—Park at the Miami Children’s Museum.
8. Sunny Isles Pier. This is a great place to come shoot the sunrise. You have to be up early to make it, but it’s well worth the short drive. There is almost never anyone here.
9. Ball Harbor Beach. Beautiful views of the Atlantic can be seen from here. The best time to come is at sunrise.
10. South Pointe Pier. I shot this photo from the top of the pier. From here, you can catch beautiful views of Miami just about any direction you look. The best time to come is at sunrise and or sunset.
11. South Pointe Park. This is one of my favorite places to come enjoy the sunset. You can see the port of Miami and watch the ships go in and out of the harbor. It’s a site to see.
12. Maurice Gibbs Park in Miami Beach. You have beautiful views of the islands from here. The best time to come is at sunset. This place is right around the corner from me. We might possibly run into each other as I come here often.
13. The Miami Skyline from the Venetian Bridge. This is another view you can get of the Miami skyline. I shot this from the Venetian bridge closest to downtown. The best thing to do is to rent a bike and ride it across. Its only 2-3 miles each way, and it is a beautiful ride. I do this bike ride twice a day just to relax and get the blood flowing.
14. Miami Beach Lifeguard Towers. These can be found all over the beach, and they are very colorful and beautiful. The best time to catch one of these beauties is during sunrise. Anywhere in Miami Beach, these can be spotted.
15. Alice Wainwright Park. This is a great park to relax and catch a sunrise—lots of palm trees and water views. You also have this cool benches that say Miami on them.
16. Bayside Mall. To get this particular shot, you have to walk up the bridge from Bayside Mall. It’s a short walk and well worth it. I recommend a wide-angle lens for this shot.
17. The rocks in Miami Beach. These rocks can be found on the beach in 30th street. The best time to come is at sunrise during low tide.
18.Brickell Key. This is shot from Brickell Key looking East towards downtown. Best time to come in at sunset and or at night.
19. The Miami River. This is the Miami River; you can find a path to walk it downtown. It is a beautiful walk with plenty of photo ops. The best time to come is at night.
20. Sunrise at the bach. This is as simple as it sounds. Head to the beach for an epic morning, kick back, and enjoy the scenery. This is Miami Beach, of course.
21. Haulover Inlet. This is an excellent spot to come for sunrise. There are lots of fishermen unless there is a storm. I captured this image during a crazy storm in the hurricane season.
22. Faena Hotel. This is the only place in Miami and possibly the world that has a golden Mammoth. Gret place to take photos, and it is right on the beach.
24. Wynwood Walls. Alone or with a model, Wynwood is a must. It is a really cool trendy area covered in graffiti full of like-minded artists. While you are there, stop at Panther coffee. Trust me, its OK.
25. Downtown-Brickell skyscrapers. There are so many cool buildings all around Miami. If you are into architecture, you need to come here at night. Remember to look up.
26. Deering Estate. This is a cool property owned by the state. You need to have permission to come here, and it is $20.00 to get in. It is not always open. Make sure you check availability before you arrive. The best time is sunrise.
27. Brickell City Centre. This is a new mall, and its all the rage. Come here to get some food and enjoy the beautiful modern architecture. The best time to come is at any time.
28. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. This is a beautiful park you can come to and relax. This is great, especially if you have a shoot to do.
29. Little Havana. Little Havana is a small taste of Cuba. There are restaurants and people playing dominoes. This is the perfect place to give your street photography a shot. It’s the closest place to Cuba you can get without actually being there.
30. Boca Chita Key. This place is just stunning. However, you will need a boat to get there unless you are an incredible swimmer (jk). Once you find a ship, head there at sunset. The best lens to use is 24-70.
That’s my list of the best photography spots Miami has. This is a comprehensive list, and I update it often. Please come back and check out the new locations. If you only want to shot Miami Beach, I also have a location list. Check it out. Please leave me a comment if this was helpful in any way and share this with your friends. That is the best way to say thank you. You can also buy me a beer ;)
These are the best photography places to shoot in Miami, Florida.