Highschool Selfie. How time flies, omg. I took this photo 21 years ago almost to the day. I remember this day like it was yesterday. I never would have thought where photography would have led me. Shoot (no pun intended) I would have never thought it would turn into my career.
About the photo, the girls were getting ready to leave the house, I believe we were just waking up and were headed out somewhere. We were young how crazy. Anyhow, I grabbed my camera and went into the bathroom without asking anyone or even knocking on the door. I just went in and snapped a shot.
I shot this with a Pentax film camera, my first camera ever. Yes, I still have it and shoot with it.
P.S. I just launched my new site, which focuses on sky overlays and original merch. Drop-in and check it out. If you like something pick it up for a discounted rate. All my readers get 15% off. Use discount code “edin” at check out!
Thank you for dropping in to the blog and hanging out! I appreciate you very much.
How to create award-winning photos. In this video, I will walk you through in under 2 minutes how to create award-winning photos.
You know when you have a bland image because the weather did not cooperate? Well, it happens often and it happens to all of us.
Thanks to Luminar Ai it is now possible to swap out skies with just a few clicks and turn your boring photo into an epic one. All this is done so easily it almost seems too good to be true, but its TRUE. You can download my sky collections here.
How to create award-winning photos
Do you use Luminar? What do you think of the new technology changing the photography game? I think it is incredible how we can use technology to create beautiful works of art. I don’t think there is anything wrong with expanding our horizons and putting a twist of awesomeness into our new works of art. Or our old ones for that matter.
Best Photography Spots Tuscany Has For You To Explore and enjoy. Tuscany is such a romantic place. When I think of Tuscany, you think of beautiful dreamy landscapes, tasty Italian food, and romantic sunset walks. These are all true, and to capture Tuscany’s essence to share with the world is just the thing I try to do with my images.
If you are going to do Tuscany, you need to get a rental car. This is the easiest way to explore Tuscany without boundaries. You can drive from location to location without worrying about the time.
Best Photography Spots Tuscany Has For You to Explore
Below is a list of the best photography spots Tuscany has to offer. These are places you will want to visit often and have my seal of approval. I also wrote when the best times to photograph at these locations are. The best photography spots in Tuscany are all very easy to access. Pack light and get to work. If you hustle you can get all these done by the time your vacation is done. I recommend spending at least 4-6 days in this magical place.
The gear I used for all my photos: Nikon D850 with a Nikon 14-24mm and a Nikon 24–85mm. A MeFOTO tripod and a wide-angle is a must. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets download them and give them a try.
Top Photography Spots in Tuscany
1. Tuscany Grove. This place is located along the street from Siena to San Quirico d’Orcia. You can’t miss it. Pullover on the side of the road and get your epic shot. The best time to shoot is during sunset. The recommended lens is a 24-70mm.
2. Podere Belvedere Italy. This place is absolutely stunning. Show up early as it tends to get packed. There are also a few different locations to shoot from, so give yourself enough time to scout. The best time to shoot is during sunset. The recommended lens is a 24-70mm.
3. Cappella della Madonna di Vitaleta Italy. This chapel is absolutely stunning. You can actually drive to it and hike up a bit to get to it to photograph it up close from the front and from the back. If you want to photograph it from far away you need to get on the opposite street facing it. The best lens to use is 24-70 and 70-200. The best time to shoot is any time during the day. If you want to get the best light on the actual chapel during sunset golden hour is best.
4. Poggio Covili Italy. Possibly the largest row of cypress in a single line. This place is a must. There are plenty of places to park. The best lens to use is a 24-70 and 70-200 if you have a model. The best time to shoot is at any time.
5. Agriturismo Baccolero Italy. This place is a bit far but it is well worth the drive. I came up at sunrise but I was late. I still managed to get a good shot. I would say come here for sunset. The best lens to youse is a super-wide or a 24-70.
6. Saturnia Hot Springs. This place is a must. It’s a bit of a way out but you have to come to check it out. Pro tip: get here about 1 hour before sunrise. As soon as they open this place gets packed. The best lens to use is any. I used a drone for this one.
7. The green fields. As you drive along and look outside your window, make sure you pull over and photograph the green fields. Tuscany is such a picturesque place that anywhere you look is purely amazing. Take advantage of your visit.
8. The Tree Lines. When you start to get late into the day and are driving around looking for the perfect spot. Make sure you look around you and look at the treelines. These can be seen from just about anywhere on the road. I shot this on my way home shortly after sunset. The best lens to use is a zoom lens.
Whenever it is you decide to go to Tuscany, it is always picturesque. Make sure you bring a tripod and look around. I could spend a lifetime photographing these beautiful hills, especially during the beautiful sunrise and sunset colors.
If you found this post useful, please leave me a comment below and share this with your friends. If you want to learn how to edit photos like a pro, check out my new course.
Installing your Lightroom Presets could not be any easier. I have been using Lightroom for a very long time, and I love the ease of use. The really make it easy for anyone to get in there and start beautifying your images.
Installing Lightroom Presets is no different. You will be up and running in no time at all.
In these videos, I will show you how to install your new Lightroom Presets. This will with any Lightroom you may have. Just follow along, and you will be up and running in no time.
Recently Lightroom has moved away from the original .lrtemplate to a new .xmp format and installing it just got easier. The reason they made the change was that the presets can now be synchronized among all your devices.
How to install .xmp Lightroom Presets
1. In Lightroom, go to the Develop Module and got to the Presets Panel on the left side.
2. Click the “+” Icon on the right side of the panel and select the Import Presets option.
3. Navigate to the location on your computer where you saved the zipped file with the presets (usually in your download folder), select it and click the Import button. Please note that this will only work with .xmp files and only with a Zipped folder.
If you want to install the. .Irtemplate please go to the steps below.
How to Install Lightroom Presets in Lightroom CC:
How to Install Lightroom Presets in Lightroom Classic:
Remember that all the presets you ever install can always be deleted by simply reversing the process. Lightroom Presets can also be adjusted and modified to suit your needs. It does not matter what you want to do to them remember that the sky is the limit.
After you make your own adjustments to your Lightroom Presets al you have to do is go to the left-hand column and right click. Then just click on “update preset with the current setting.” Just like that, you will have your own editing style.
Travel Con 2018 in Austin Texas was amazing. I spent last week surrounded by incredible people with the same goals. To travel the world and make money doing it.
I was one of the speakers at this conference and nothing makes me happier than teaching people about what I am so passionate about. Photography.
Travel Con was incredible and a massive success. I connected with so many people, and it was great to see and hang out with old friends.
My class went really well, we packed over 100 people in the classroom. It was great for teaching other people about photography and my editing process. If you want to see all the fantastic speakers and classes here, you go: TravelCon2018
The keynotes were not only inspiring but extremely informational. For anyone from beginners to pros, this conference was inspirational, uplifting and of course, a great place to meet like-minded people.
If you are in the travel industry or want to be part of it, Travel Con is the place to be. It will be in Boston next year, and it is going to be EPIC. Check www.TravelCon.org
A massive THANK YOU to everyone that attended, from the organizers to the speakers to all the attendees.
Thanks again to everyone in my life for all the support in this incredible journey. Love you guys!
I really enjoy teaching photography. Having thought local and international workshops for the past 5 years, I have a new found passion for teaching. If you are interested in learning more about photography check out my courses where I dive deep into photography and share all my secrets. You can find my classes here and my Lightroom Presets. (If you attended the conference use code TravelCon18 and get 30% off)
Hi guys, just a quick update and a heads up that I am one of the speakers at TravelcCon this year. I will be holding a photography editing workshop at TravelCon in Austin Texas on September 20-22 2018.
I am very happy to be a part of this awesome event and can not wait to meet all the new faces. It’s always great to see old friends at these great events. It is also amazing walking away with loads of new friends and knowledge.
TravelCon is all about learning and networking with people in the travel industry and evolving as a person and as a professional. If you have never attended one of these events I highly suggest that you do. The information and connections you will walk away with are truly priceless.
I am delighted to share the stage with so many great people in the industry. As a professional its great to spend time with these guys as we can exchange information and become better at what we do.
Check out TravelCon’s schedule to and list of speakers. I would love to see you there. If you can not make it for any reason, you can get a virtual ticket. All the information is on TravelCon.org.
If you have any questions drop me a message or leave it in the comments below. I’ll see you there…
Don’t forget to check out my photography guide for the best photography spots in the world.