Where are the best places to photograph in Malta? In this post, I will break down the best spots to take photos in Malta and Gozo.
Malta is an island in the central Mediterranean sea. It is full of history and surrounded by the most beautiful waters in the world. Having spent some time there, I have searched every corner of this beautiful place and have found the most picturesque spots.
Walking through the streets of Malta is like stepping back in time. The architecture is stunning, and walking through the cobblestone streets just puts a grin on your face.
From the city to the outskirts I always felt at peace. A place with so much beauty just does that to you.
The gear I used for all my photos: Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24mm and a Nikon 24-85mm. A MeFOTO tripod and a wide angle is a must. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets download them and give them a try.
Best photography spots in Malta and Gozo
2. Saluting Battery Valletta. You can watch the canons fire every day at noon. I suggest you get there a bit early to scope out the best set up for your shot. This place tends to get super packed with people. Lens I recommend 24-70mm
3. Saint John’s Co-Cathedral. A Roman Catholic co-cathedral in Valletta, Malta. It is stunning inside and covered in gold. A must see and photograph. You can see more photos here. Gear I recommend is a wide angle lens.
5. Lourdes Chapel in Gozo. You can see beautiful views of Comino Island, Blue Lagoon and Malta from here. Gear I recommend: 70-200 mm lens.
6. Comino Island Cliffs. With views like this, the cliffs are worth the hike. Bring some water and make sure you put on lots of sun lotion. This place is simply beautiful. Gear I recommend: 70-200 mm lens.
7. Catch the sunset on a late ferry from Malta to Gozo. I shot this from the ferry on my way to Gozo. The ride is quite enjoyable and the sunset is to die for. Gear I recommend: 70-200 mm lens.
8. Calypso Cove Gozo Malta. This place is worth the trip alone simply because of the views. Gear I recommend 24-70mm
9. Azure Window. This place is so incredibly beautiful, unfortunately, it island’s major tourist attractions until it collapsed in stormy weather on 8 March 2017. I shot this with my wide angle lens.10. The Cliffs of Gozo. Catch a beautiful sunset from the epic cliffs anywhere in Gozo. Its hard to take a bad photo from here. I shot this with my 70-200 mm lens.
11. Popeye Village. This is the actual Film Set of the 1980 Musical Production ‘Popeye’. Come at sunset to get an epic shot. I shot this with my wide angle lens.Thank you for dropping in. If you fond this post useful and enjoyable, please leave me a comment below and share it with your friends. That is the best way to say thank you. Check out my other Photography location guides.