Here are 10 tips and tricks to improve your landscape photography right now. Yes, you read that correctly, right now. These are very simple tips you can start implying to your daily photography game right now. I live and die by these. You can apply these to any kind of photography however some are best for landscape photography. Practice these and your photography game will be brought up a notch.
The gear I use for all my photos: Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24mm a Nikon 24-85mm a Nikon 70-200 and a Tamron 150-600mm. A MeFOTO tripod is a must. I edit all my images with my Lightroom Presets download them and give them a try.
10 tips and tricks to improve your landscape photography
- 1. Shoot at F11 and above. This will guarantee everything is always in focus.
- 2. Add a foreground element to the photo. This will help draw the viewer into the ima and make it more interesting.
- 3. Use clouds to add drama to your image.
- 4. Add the human element. This can bring life into any photograph that would otherwise be boring.
- 5. Shoot at sunrise and sunset. These are the best times to get the best color for landscape photography.
- 6. Slow down your shutter speed. This will create beautiful effects with surrounding water and clouds.
- 7. Add birds to y our photo. This creates a sense of movement and brings any photo to life.
- 8. Shoot low to the ground. This creates a sense of scale.
- 9. Always make sure your horizon is straight. ALWAYS. This is the number one rule in landscape photography.
- 10. Have fun out there and remember to experiment.
Follow this tips and with a bit of practice, your photography game will improve. By practicing and experimenting you will be making beautiful images in no time at all.